My First Crack at a Coffee Filter Wreath

I really want to share my coffee filter wreath… even though I am so sleepy!
I have the hardest time waiting.

I was up WAY too late and woke up WAY too early!

So, I’m going to pop up some pictures
and share the how-to later.
(if you still want a “how-to” after you see it!)

After I was finished I realized…
it really didn’t look like the ones I checked out
on Pinterest after I was done.

Note to self: Do not look at pinterest after the fact!
Debbie posted this Qt the other day
and I sure liked it!

It doesn’t look like hers either!?
You take a peek at this coffee filter wreath here.

Even though, I used almost ALL my
hubbies coffee filters in the process!
~Whoops~
He was wondering if I could save him one or two?
No worries, I ended up going to buy more.
He has caffeine. Crisis averted.
Okay, so… it looks like it’s drunk!
Well, maybe just tipsy?

Whatevah.
… like my sister always says
“It is what it is”.
I made it, so that makes me it’s momma right?
And I love it.
(definitely a wee bit more before I peeked at Pinterest)
It just has a few bits & wobbles sticking out I didn’t notice until I took the pictures.
Hmm… must be a theme?
That’s what happens when I have my picture taken.
{because it couldn’t be the cookies…}
You know how I’m on a big flower kick?
 Well, I managed to pop a few burlap roses in the mix.

I’m afraid to trim up the little extra bits throwing it off.
So, I’ll leave it as-is and chalk it up to it being my first.
This photo just had a pretty sparkle… and I liked it.

See ya all soon!
I still have glue in my gun…
Photobucket
This Project Was Featured At:

How to Nest for Less

LINKING UP AT:

Comments

comments

Comments

I love it!! I’ve got some burlap flowers I used at Christmas that I’ve been wondering what to do with, but I’m almost out of coffee filters. Hmmm…Thanks for linking up.

Wow, the burlap flowers make this piece! So unique with that something extra. I just saw this did on a lampshade and was amazed. I wanted something besides a flower wreath to go on my door, this will be perfect. Thanks for sharing.

I love how lovely your wreath turned out! I am a huge fan of coffee filters & the burlap flowers are an adorable addition :)

I found your blog at Craft-OManiac & am your newest followers <3

Have a lovely week,
    Lynda
    misstoristreasures.blogspot.com

Hey now, don’t pick your lovely wreath TOO much. ;) I like the little wobbles! It makes it look so much more natural and it adds this cute flair to it that some of the more uniform ones lack. Very cute!

Love your blog so much!! You have such cute stuff!! I am your newest follower. I found you on a link party!!! If you would like to check out my blog too. And follow me back. That would be wonderful!! I am kind of new to blogging, but excited to share ideas and recipes. And doing giveaways for Mineral makeup.

-Brooke
    for-the-luv-of.blogspot.com

I’m visiting from the Sunday Social blog hop. Love this wreath! I’ve been trying to think of a way to make a Valentine wreath without it being too Valentine looking..ie…not red or pink. Thanks for the inspiration!

Sharon

p.s.
    I’m a new follower

It’s super cute Shannon!!! Great job. Remember, sometimes the beauty is in the flaws (although I can’t see any!). Sometimes I think we are the most hyper critical of our own work! I love it… I think I will have to add one of them to my list of like 1000 DIY projects I want to do :)

All the best,
    Diana ~ Anyone Can Decorate

Good grief, Shannon! Its gorgeous! We are WAAAAAY to picky about the stuff we create. Don’t pick it to death! Its looks wonderful! I especially love the burlap! Pinning!!!!!!

Now Shannon….your wreath looks AWESOME!!!! I love your little burlap roses you added to it. Way to go!!! Enjoy your weekend, Gail

Oh here we go again! lol

I LOVE it! I love the twist you put on it with the flowers. I’ve been trying to put a wreath together for days and you did this is one night! I really don’t think you sleep at all.

Oh for Pete Sakes!! It does not look drunk. It turned out very pretty. I love the little flowers in it. I’d hang it in my house :)

Girl, that is awesome! You put your own unique twist on it, with your creative flowers. I love love love it. Did I mention mine took me a few days, not ONE day and night? I think there is another blogging friend of mine attempting one too, I will let you know if she does it. I am proud of you, your first wreath!