Resolution One – Organize and Purge

I am coming up for air!
My very first
“Organize & Purge”
task is done.
{yay}
I had been putting off organizing & purging my upstairs craft, okay… crap room,
all right…

DUMP ROOM

Because, let’s face it.
That is exactly what I was doing in there.
Now… it wasn’t dirty, or icky. Swear!
BUT
I could barley walk in there.
Everything was slowly moving into the center if the room.
Like magic.
It certainly could not me the fault of Moi’?
Since I was also going to be flipping all the contents of the room with the contents of my lower floor storage closet, I went ahead and emptied the entire room.
Yep, fun times.
I know how to party.
{big wink}
Where you ask?
Why, right into my living/dining room area…
Isn’t that how you do it?
After a few days of seriously editing what would not be returning and trying to put something in every nook & cranny to make the very most of my space, the upstairs room now holds all my home decor and holiday items.
~WHEW~
No more trudging up and down the stairs every time I want to freshen something up!
Here is My Story in Pictures
{with a few words, you know I’m gabby!}
I think this is my favorite change.
It fits well under the window without blocking the light.
This is where I started.
…and this is now!
Really would LOVE if all the totes were
the exact same.
The different colors make me twitch a little.
 I vowed not to spend a dime
just my time ~ so no new ones.
(… for now)
This furniture piece and the mani’s may look like space wasters but I sell on ebay and I use them almost everyday.
More Wreaths, Toss Pillows
and Toted-Up Home Decor.
All Easy to See & Find.
I really tried to make smart choices about where I placed things.
There is a closet behind the entry door and we use it for coats & board games. I managed to find enough room to hang up all my table linens in one place. This works well because I can really see everything I have now.
This is HUGE for me.
I can now reach it, without it being in the way. at. all.
It’s the little things.
Man, when I go for it… I really go for it!
This is the gigantic mess I made to get the spare room looking like it does now.
Only one more to go now!!!
The storage closet.
{please… help me}
This post was featured at:

by Jen at Tatertots & Jello

Resolution One – Organize and Purge

Comments

comments

Comments

Hey I just came to check out this post after you mentioned it on FB and look at the comment above this one! Guess I was here way back when.

Bliss

Wow, that was lotza organizing going down in that room. Congratulations on getting it done. I’m working through one drawer at a time, and have not tackled anything major yet like I should. I think it’s the fear of not having matching bins. If I find a womans torso, I’m so putting it on the wall in my sons room.

~Bliss~ stopping in to say hello from the *tribe*

My garage looks like your before. Did you do all that organizing by yourself or did you have help? A professional organizer couldn’t have done better.

My biggest problem when purging is throwing thimgs away or putting them up for sale on craigs list, I also hate to have to hold a garage sale. I sold our home we lived in for 25 years so there’s a lot to be purged!

Any suggestions for me? PLEASE!

love the way it turned out…only wish you lived in southern california so you could help me with mine! but…i do not feel so hopeless now…my room was worse than yours, but, after a few days of clearing, i can see a pathway in to the room! i also have a closet to clear out…but leaving that for a whole weekend! enjoy your room! when mine is cleaned, i always want to spend more time in it!!! thanks for sharing! you have encouraged me!

You already know I am your biggest fan! You are the best facebook commenter! Your makeover is spectacular! Congrats on the feature from Kelly.

blessings,
    karianne

Great job! I know you feel relieved to have everything in its place. Could you tell me where you got the adorable bins that hold your photo frames? The cute blue floral ones. They would be perfect in my little girl’s room. Thanks!

I’m sorry I’ve not visited your Impossibility Challenge post before now – this working lark does get in the way of real life !!!
    You’ve really made a difference to that room – please can you come and sort my house out! I think we need someone with your energy! Well done for doing such a great job!
    Congratulations on making your impossibility possible!

Wow, I’m so glad you found the carpet. ;) You have so much great stuff, I bet you love having it all so accessible now. You should be very impressed with yourself, nice job!!

Thank you so much for linking up to the challenge!
    Karah

Thank you for the inspiration! I am in the middle of a similar project. You’ve made me see it is possible. I am definitely borrowing your hanging linens idea!
    Eilis
    my-heart-lives-here.blogspot.com

Organized from top to bottom! Great transformation! I know some DIYers who’d like to do a little shopping in there! Thanks for linking up to the 1st Project of the Year Party!

We just finished fluffing and buffing our tote storage area; it gets skillet red over time. However, our is functional but not functional AND PRETTY like yours. Good job

I love your organization! Those tablecloths rock! BTW….I would love it if you would stop by and join our “Impossible Challenge.” Maybe you could list your last closet!!!!

blessings,
    karianne

I just found your blog tonight from Debbiedoos and I think your closet is amazing! I also love the Pacific Northwest, Oregon in particular, so I look forward to seeing your corner of our country.

Shannon it looks great! And congratulations on being featured! You deserve it girl, that’s a lot of work. I am sending a plane ticket, and a note, just follow my directions. I’ll see you in a couple days to help me (grin)
    Hugs and get some rest-I need you in tip top shape,
    Debbie

Shannon~ I just found your blog tonight (via: Feathered Nest Friday)

First, YOU DID THIS WITHOUT AN INTERVENTION TEAM? {there is hope for me}
    Second, Wow.
    Third, If I only walked away with the thought of TABLE LINENS hanging neatly in a row; then for me, IT WAS WORTH IT! What a profound concept!

So very ,VERY nice to meet you,
    (My New Hero)
    Pat

Shannon you rocked it!!! Everything looks terrific. Organizing always makes me feel good. It’s a great way to start the year too. Thank you for joining us at the Thursday Favorites Hop. Wishing you a happy weekend! xo P.S. Have you entered the Pink Poodle giveaway yet?

What a great job you did on this huge task- I have 5 (at least) closets that look like your before- I keep buying stuff that needs worked on before I can take it to sell in my booth and it all ends up getting stashed in closets. I hope to make a huge dent in this this year and stop buying till all this stuff gets out of the house!

Well, if you’re bored… would you like to come to Germany and organize my basement? I really need someone…
    Aaaanyway. Great job.
    Greetings from Germany
    Catrin

You’ve done an amazing job. It feels good to get organized. We’ve been working on our closets the past few days – where did all this stuff come from?!

Wow! What a big job. The problem with the totes is they seem to have new colors every year! They look great the way they are…organized! I hope to do the same this year. Not a resolution, just a hope Good job there girl! :D

Oh girl you did it! I’m so proud of you! It looks great, Shan. I have to say, I’m pretty jealous of the hanging table linens. Wish I had room to do that.

It makes me happy to know that there are other pack rats out there like myself. I organize and purge, but the purge ends up in my basement waiting for another day of purging. lol

Nice work!! I can tell you that the different color totes would drive me batty too. My husband thought I was a loon when I started swapping out some in my craft room and had to buy new ones. When I said I was doing it because they didn’t match he almost threw me out the door! ;)

Oh my goodness, You did an incredible job organizing everything.
    You will easily be able to switch out decor items for your home.