Donation Day! Locks of Love

Making My Donation to Locks of Love
First off, I really need to say I feel better about doing this then should be allowed.
I am grinning ear-to-ear knowing I might help someone out just a little bit by donating my hair.
How much easier could it be?
Grow you hair.
Cut it.
Mail it in.
I do need to say THANK YOU to a few people.
To MOM for giving me some good hair growing genes.
Her hair grows crazy fast too.
(thanks mom!)
And to all my
friends on facebook
for helping me pick a new style.
Sorry I sorta~kinda wasted your time
looking at all those cute styles.
I really had no idea just how long my hair had actually gotten.
Seeing a picture of my hair from the back
did not compute
and when she measured it out to a full 12 inches…
I still had lots left.

We discussed donating more hair
but decided to do the 12″ for now…
because I can donate again!!

And even sooner since I have a good head start.
(I should be able to do this again in 12-14 months)
This was my favorite.
I debated just going for it!
This was a close second!
This was my third fav…
So sassy!
Here is the picture and post I shared the other day.
Here I am at the salon this afternoon!
And finally… THIS is the cut we decided on.
It’s HARD to take a picture of yourself!
This is the BEST I could do.
She cut lots of layers and it feels all bouncy.
I really like it!
I could not get a decent picture to save my life though…
I know… it’s not that short!
Hope it’s not too big of a let down…
But like I said, I can donate again.
My choices were:
Go shockingly short for impact.
or
Donate again soon.
I had to go for the donation.

I teased my gal after she cut my hair off
and asked her if she did extensions?
I told her I wanted to use my own hair.
If you want info on donating…
click below for the link to

Thanks for reading and all your sweet, sweet comments.
I’m really not all that nice you know…
I am actually quite a stinker.
Sharing the Journey With:
UndertheTableandDreaming

Comments

comments

Comments

I just found this post…wow is all I can say! I do not have the same hair growing genes but if I ever find a magic formula I would love to do this. A few years ago I worked in an office and there was a church and house up the hill from the parking lot ~ the pastor and his family lived there and when I had to work late nights the oldest son would stop by and chat with me sometimes ~ he grew his hair out to donate and I remember how happy he was when the day of his haircut came.

Thanks for sharing and you LOOK BEAUTIFUL before and after!

Hugs, Mary Beth

2. Christina Reineke says

You are incredible. Your new cut is amazing on you. Thank you for your hair donation, it is hopefully an inspiration to others out there that could donate. I know how proud Jessica was donating her hair 16 inches. She has a friend in her class who’s sister is 18 years old fighting cancer for 6 years now. She is a fighter. Jessie said if she can do that I can do this for her.

• Shannon at Fox Hollow Cottage says

I know! I think it is a wonderful thing that Jessica donated her hair. I hope others donate as well. Look like I might have enough to do it again!!

Shannon I cut my hair today for Locks of Love and wrote about it on my blog and mentioned you….stop by if you get a chance!

Holy Moses Lady!
    You have a ton of beautiful hair!
    What a great way to pass on some love and hope to someone else! So awesome and inspiring!
    Thanks for linking up to the Creative Inspirations Party this week – please come back soon!
    Stacey :o)

OMG, I had no idea your hair was so darn long. Such beautiful locks! What a great cause. I love the new do, it’s totally you!
    Jann

yay!! What a blessing to share your hair! I am growing my hair out for charity too. I’m probably going to use Pantene Beautiful Lengths because they will accept 8in. I’m hoping to do it in the fall. Thanks for sharing!

You look beautiful and more importantly you are beautiful on the inside. That is such a wonderful gift you have given…My hair hasn’t been that long in so many years..it just doesn’t grow…but if it did I would do this.

I love that my favs were your favs in order…#3 is my haircolor now.

I love what you went for and I just got bangs last week and I know you said you always have them. Me never…so Im gettin use to them still.

Again….so beautiful!

MJ
    Lucky 7 Design

I am so in awe of your kind heart! I don’t know you personally but am so I excited to call you a FB and Blog friend. Your are an inspiration to us all. I love you haircut and I know the little one that will receive yours will be so blessed. You ROCK girl. Thank you for sharing your story with us….

Avevo i capelli lunghi come i tuoi fino ad un mese fà…..
    Li ho tagliati fino a metà schiena o poco meno…..
    Non sapevo che si potessero donare!!
    Complimenti!!
    Un bacio dall’Italia
    Sabry!!

Oh my goodness! You did it! It looks beautiful, Shan, really beautiful! I can’t believe you donated 12 inches and still have long hair!

I’ve been offline for the most part this week, Shannon, but had to pop in to congratulate you on this act of love. Someone’s life will be fuller because of your generosity.
    Beautiful. :)
    xo Heidi

I think you went a good way, Shannon! I love those sassy cuts, too, but 9 times out of 10, I would never get it to look that way after doing it myself at home. That’s great your hair grows so fast and, you’re right, you can donate again in a year.

I LOVE it! You did great and being able to donate again sooner rather than later is so nice! 12 inches is still A LOT of hair to be cut off and for someone to have. It looks beautiful Shannon!

You are beautiful! What an amazing thing to do! My sister is a hair dresser and loves when clients do this. It makes her so happy :)

First you look amazing. Second, what a fabulous thing to do. I have a few friends who are fighting cancer right now and we were just discussing the impact of being without hair. I wish my hair grew that quickly so I could donate. Great choice on style too!

I have donated, it’s a great feeling.. I keep kicking around doing it again, maybe when my kiddo’s are past the jumping and hanging on me stage;) I do have to say that it took 5 years to get my hair from my chin to my bum.

I love this hair style on you. My son does the locks for love and he is due for another donation soon.;) It is truly a great cause.

Oh, Shannon! I love it! It looks soooooo good! (And only you could take a fantastic picture of yourself. So impish and sassy. I love the picture as much as I love the haircut!)

Gorgeous hair before and after! My hair doesn’t grow that well, but my 15 year old daughter is growing hers out to donate, inspired by one of her good (guy) friends who is fighting cancer currently. Such a great thing to do.
    Angie

“I believe in miracles…where ‘ya from…..you sexy thing”. Sing it with me…….

You look beeuuutifulll and someone is going to be blessed.

Bliss

OH SHANNON!! I love it. Could you get any more BEAUTIFUL? It is perfect for you!!! So so Wonderful. My daughter did this and wanted to do it again, but it wasn’t long enough the second time.
    Karin :)

Congratulations, Shannon. It looks great cut. You would be cute with any kind of cut. I think you are just darling and your outside matches your inside (minus the hair!;>) Blessings- xo Diana

cute cute hair cut! And so so cool that you did the donation! Can’t wait to hear about next time!!! You are an inspiration my friend!
    Jaime

Oh Shannon it is NOT a let down at all. I have to tell you, it is just BEAUTIFUL! You look 10 years younger with 12 inches off. I love it! What a great feeling.

It looks so good! What a great cause too! I didn’t cut my hair for over a year and it made it barely past my shoulder!