How To Bring Spring into the Bedroom

How To Bring Spring into the Bedroom

It’s Spring!
… and I want it to feel that way throughout my home.

That means it’s time for a bedroom makeover.

I know many of you are experiencing lovely warm days, playing outside and even venturing into your gardens.

Unfortunately, we still get lots of rain and not so wonderful weather this time of year in the Pacific Northwest. I know some places are still getting SNOW! So I know there are some of you who are in the same boat as me.

So what’s a girl to do?

Well, I decided, that while I wait {impatiently} to get back outside, feel the sunshine on my face, get dirty and feel a spray paint can in my hands…
 I am going to fake Spring right here
in my nice, dry home.

I’ve already introduced
some “Spring”  to our home by decorating

This post is about how I added some
Spring into our bedroom.
I sure hope you see and idea or two that might work for you.

My makeover started with the desire to move Winter out of my house!

Buh-Bye Winter.
Go away!

I had a table that needed some painting…
this one right here
and I used it as my
“get this party started” inspiration piece.

From there, I was on a roll!

A few of you expressed concern over the glass,
French door to our bedroom the other day…
Rest assured!
It is well covered ;)
By adding fresh, energetic colors, in shades of red, blue and green, I was mimicking many
of my favorite Spring and Summer flowers.

(Geraniums from last Summer~Can’t wait to see them again!)

Now, you don’t have to buy all new things.
In fact, I bought nothing new at all!
I pulled out quilts & pillow shams I had stored away, shopped my house, borrowed a table from my living room and browsed my neat & organized home decor storage room.

I tried to add a fresh, botanical feel to the room by bringing a little of the outdoors, in.

I did this by using:
1. A red Geranium painting
2. A Springy green wreath
3. Fresh daffodils ($2, so I lied a little)
4. The pale, blue Hydrangea in the zinc planter
5. A multi-colored floral quilt
6. The white Birdcage/Cloche
7. A family rock collection
8. A French, red Poppy clock
(say that ten times fast)

The table is staying white… for now.
I need all the brightness I can get and white bounces the light around like nothing else.
I really love color, but I really tend to use it on smaller pieces and accessories, leaving my walls and large furniture pieces neutral.
It keeps things more versatile that way.
You can basically change the look of a room, on whim if you have neutrals to work with.

Nothing beats fresh flowers… Local market, $2-
Have a pretty necklace…
Why not display it?

Have a fab sister who sends you a birdcage style wire cloche?
Lucky me! I do.
Thanks Nicole, love you =)
(even when you don’t send me goodies!)

Short on fancy, matching pillows?
No problem!

1. Grab a pillow case
 2. Stuff any old throw pillow in it
3. Make a simple, straight fold over
4. Cinch it up with ribbon, jute twine, etc..
5. You can even decorate it by pinning on a rhinestone brooch or clip earrings.
(I could not find my cool, vintage set!)

I nabbed that super chunky candle stick
a few months back from
Goodwill for $2.99 – Score!

The rocks are just one collection of many from various treasure hunts over the years.

The gilded wood frame is from my MIL.
She is always finding me cool stuff!

Hope it is Sunny & Gorgeous
wherever you are.

If not, then maybe you found an idea that
you can use to make it
“feel” like Spring in your bedroom!

PS- Yes, I am a total cheater and removed my functional clock off of my bedside table for the pictures… but hey, I had to deal with trying to take pictures in less then great light so I figured it made it even!

Now, it’s Spring in the Sun Room too! Come see…

This Room was featured at:

UndertheTableandDreaming
Mod Vintage Life

Comments

comments

Comments

I just like the helpful information you supply to your articles. I’ll bookmark your blog and test once more right here frequently. I’m quite certain I will learn lots of new stuff proper right here! Best of luck for the next!

Shannon that turned out really great! I had to crack up at the end of your post, i just did the mini makeover thing in my bedroom too and yep, i got rid of the alarm clock and the temp controls for the heating blanket in my pics! LOL!!

What a pretty and colorful bedroom you created! Love the geranium picture and that bird cloche is so cute. Great job on the pillows too!

I love the view from the outside of your fab french door looking in….the warmth of the door and it’s valance coupled with the colors on your bedding…very pretty. Your bed looks like the perfect place to take a nap or curl up with a good book… I love the way you accessorized the table and chair. Great idea with the pillow case and throw pillow…I’ll be pinning that to my design inspiration board.

Sharon @ mrs. hines class

I love your sweet room – would love if you linked this up to my party :o)
    Nice job!
    I totally want this room!
    Stacey of Embracing Change

You definitely captured the “cheeriness” of Spring with all the reds, yellow & touches of green! Love those colors! Great job!
    CAS

It’s gorgeous! I have always loved red’s and aqua’s together especially with the white furniture! It’s funny, I can invision you all snuggled up looking at your magazines on the nightstand getting inspiration for your next project!

LOVE LOVE LOVE this room and the glass door is fabulous! The bedding is just gorgeous. thank you for linking up but even more importantly, thank you for being such a wonderful friend and such a huge support to me during the wordpress transfer, it really does mean the world to me.
    Lots of love
    Kristin

What a beautiful space Shannon! Love the furniture, that table is gorgeous!!! and I especially love all the red touches.

Fabulous job styling everything. Proof positive that you don’t need to spend a lot to get a fresh new look.

xox

Your photography is beautiful! SO fresh. Adding your button to my blog now. I cannot believe I didn’t do it sooner!

Crystal (Modern Bungalow)

Hi Shannon!~ Yourbedroom looks so pretty and cheery! you did a fantastic job of it all! We are a away for the weekend, but I wanted to say Happy Easter!

Beyond fabulous! That bed is begging for someone to curl up with a magazine! I adore red! I have read all over the place, with the appropriate amount of white to balance it out, of course! GAWGEOUS!

Jessica @ Mom 4 Real

WOW! What a beautiful space Shannon! I love your combination of colors…even though all of the blankets made me chuckle…it sure does look like spring even if it doesn’t feel like it, right?!? ;) And the rusty tops on your blue mason jars are swoon worthy! I am in love with your styling. Thanks so much for the spring-spiration. :)

Your pillowcase tip is fantastic! I do something similar by tucking the extra fabric back inside one edge of the pillowcase, but yours made a pretty ruffle. I like. :)

We had a week of stunningly warm weather in the Northeast followed by a bunch of rain and gloom. I found myself making similar changes all over the house, just to will spring into my life!

So lovely…almost too pretty to sleep in! (In my house, it would stay looking like that for about 10 minutes, if that!)
    Love the french door to your bedroom, unexpected and looks beautiful!

Ok, can I be in love here?

From the very first photo, I started pinning! I love what you did to your bedroom!

Do you think your hubby would mind if I took up residence in here with you guys? Yeah. Ok. Sorry. Maybe too weird. LOL

I love that floral quilt! Love it, I tell you! The light blue & the red just speak to me. And I don’t even want to start in about that side table with the basket & wreath & Goodwill chunky candlestick! Excellent job my friend!

Shannon, you certainly achieved your purpose of bringing Spring into your bedroom. I love your quilts on the bed and all the touches of red. You just have a way of making everything look special by the way you display things.

Springing into the bedroom huh? Oh did I read that wrong? It’s pretty enough to have an extra bounce in the feet.

I have french doors on my bedroom too. Several changes later it now has ribbed privacy glass in each little pane that my daughter cut for us when she worked at a stained glass shop. Our idea, not hers.

~Bliss~

OH.MY.GOODNESS, Shannon! You outdid yourself! I love the touches of Spring in your beautiful bedroom. All of your accents are wonderful … love the silver tray on the chair with the meaningful pictures … your talent with layering is fabulous!

Shannon, you springy room is gorgeous! I love the pops of color and what a great idea for displaying that beautiful necklace! I see a lot of ideas that I’ll use!
    Have a great weekend!
    Happy Easter,
    Debbie

Okay, I need to get my head out of the gutter here. When I first read your headline I immediately went all Cosmo magazine cover headline. You know, bedroom. Springier in the bedroom.

Guess I just have a dirty mind. But your Spring bedroom looks lovely. Perhaps it will inspire the weather to follow suit …

Linda

Your spring bedroom looks wonderful! If it was raining outside your home, you would never know it with all the bright and cheerful items displayed around the room!

Very pretty, Shannon, and it does look so cottagey! Love the table white. I’d go neutral, too, because you never know where that table may wind up. I have one in our master that will be getting painted soon. I’m thinking I might try the French Linen ASCP on it; just to shake things up from Old White. : )

When I read you wanted to show how you added Spring to your bedroom – I got a little nervous and wondered if this was an x-rated post! Especially with that glass bedroom door!

But, thankfully, I didn’t have to avert my eyes! What a fab no money makeover. I love that geranium painting and all the little touches of flowers.

Love your jewelry display too in the silver bowl!
    Kelly

Shannon your bedroom is gorgeous!! I persOnally lOve your door. I would like to do that to the two bedrooms downstairs. Beautiful makeover and when I get back home I am sharing! Sitting in car pool line right now waiting for school to let out.

Cara Shannon trovo la tua camera da letto deliziosa!!
    Hai fatto un ottimo lavoro è tutto così molto bello!!
    Complimenti!!
    Un bacio dall’Italia;D
    Sabry!!

1. […] As Seen In The Spring Bedroom Reveal! This is a easy.  No sew. Anyone can do it trick! Need an extra pillow to pull a look together? I did. And I was not going to the store. And I was not spending a dime! This is like a 2 minute Before & After. You will need:  a plain pillow, a standard size pillowcase and some sort of ribbon or twine. […]