Hot Pink Summer Pool Noodle Wreath

Hot Pink
Summertime
Pool Noodle Wreath!

You knew this was coming right?
I’m on a kick now!
These are so fun to make
and they are super easy to personalize.

I am so glad I picked up this new fabric from
Joann fabric and craft stores
the other day.

And a few pieces of felt too.
{I had a feeling…}

I can already see I am going to have
lot of fun playing with it!

If You Want To Make Your Very Own
Pool Noodle Wreath…
Here Are The Instructions;
You Will Need;
1. A Pool Noodle. I grab mine at Dollar Tree.
(and have stocked up too!)
2. Clear Packing Tape
(duct tape is fine too)
3. Glue Gun
4. Scissors
5. Small amount of fabric to cover your noodle
6. Embellishments
(I used scraps and a few buttons)

Step #1
Grab your noodle and use your packing tape to secure the noodle into a circle.
Mine noodles are from the Dollar Tree.
Any color will do.
Step #2
After you select your fabric.
Cut or tear it into 4-6 inch wide strips
about 3 feet or more  long.
The longer the strip, the fewer seams in back.
Start be securing your first strip of fabric to your noodle with a bead of glue and start winding it around. Always ending your piece in the back. If it’s a little long trim it off.
Secure the next section with a strip of glue and continue until your noodle is covered.

Now you have a blank slate and can decorate your wreath as desired!

Step #3
If you like what I did…
here are some further instructions.

-Mini Pennant Banner-

I just cut out my shapes free hand,
I’m sure they are not perfect!!

I backed my felt with white to add a highlight and to prevent show-thru if you hang it anywhere with back lighting, like a window.

Then, I added some furry embellished string to hang the mini-pennant from.
And layered a hot pink strip to finish it off.

For an additional layer
I popped on a button too!

For my hanger, I used a coordinating pipe cleaner. I covered up the glue glob(technical crafting term), where I attached the hanger, with a little felt to finish it off and to keep it from scratching the door. Just in case ;)

Next,
I stacked
BUTTONS on-top-of  BUTTONS,
on-top-of
FELT
to add depth to the design.

I also added fabric flowers made out of
lightweight cotton material and felt.

To find out

Please visit the link above for a full
step-by-step photo tutorial.

To check out my
click on the link above.

These colors are so happy!
They just make me
s m i l e

Comments

comments

Comments

1. betty says

do you use the whole noodle or cut it….doesn’t the whole one make a huge wreath? Also do you have any trouble with them coming apart?

• Shannon at Fox Hollow Cottage says

I used the whole thing! I taped it with clear packing tape and have never had a problem with it coming apart.

Thank you so much for linking up in our Saturday Showcase this past week! We were thrilled to have you and hope that you stop back in on Saturday and link up more crafty ideas!

Have a super weekend!
    Susie at Bowdabra

What an ADORABLE wreath!!!! I love the fabric and love the bright colors, so fun and so perfect for summer!!! Love it!

I just bought some pretty fabric to make pillows for my little camper. A wreath would look cute too. Oh I cannot wait. Thank you for sharing!!!

TOOOOO Stinkin cute my friend. I bought a noodle today and I have ideas swirling in my head. Thanks for inspiring. Off to pin now.

Well, you KNOW I think this is just the cutest thing ever. I LOVE that fabic…our JoAnn’s here is not as good as some of them I have visited. You did a great job on this and what a nice tutorial…and, like I said before, if all else fails you will have the best looking lifesaver ring, for saving someone from drowning, that I have ever seen!;>) xo Diana

7. Debbie says

ooooo! I love this! I bought this same fabric at JoAnn’s a couple of months ago with the intent of making an apron. Well, that didn’t happen, so maybe I’ll make me a wreath! Thanks so much for sharing! :o*

Well how cute! I’ve never seen one like that before. You actually reminded me that I need to buy some noodles to take to the pool this summer too! Aren’t they just the best invention? Your wreath looks so festive.

I’m “lovin” your summer wreath – great fabric and such fun embellishments. I think I have a slight embellishment-phobia as I always end up tearing them off because I can’t decide if I like them or not.
    Great colors – I planned my sister’s wedding 6 years ago, and her reception colors were pink, orange and little bit of apple green.
    Great tutorial! Thanks.

Now THAT is really using your noodle! Pinned this pink pup, it’s adorable with that touch of I Can Do It Too!

~Bliss~

Now that’s what I call using your noodle ……;)
    Thanks you outdid yourself, love it! Have to try to make one.

Oh you really are torturing me! I love this! It’s so bright & cheerful & summery…I’m going to have to make one now. I have to.

I am beginning to wonder if you have an unhealthy attachment to pool noodles.
    You may need a 12-step program.
    (J/K–these are AWESOME! Love this idea. This is perfect for using up the decorator fabric I thought I would use, but didn’t.)

What a cute idea! I saw this over on facebook and I had to stop by so I could pin it EVERYWHERE!

You always have the best projects!

Thanks for the inspiration!

blessings,
    karianne

You’re on a noodle roll!

Reminds me of one time my nephew was swimming with his brother and I heard him scream, stop grabbing my noodle! Imagine what the neighbors must have thought!

Kelly

Whoa! These colors make me smile, too! I can’t decide which wreath I like better…this one or the red, white and blue one?! Why didn’t I pick up a swim noodle today at the Dollar Store?