Summer Wreath in Patriotic Red, White and Blue Denim

I sure had fun getting crafty this weekend.
I made a Summer Wreath in Patriotic Red, White & Blue Denim
from a Dollar Tree pool noodle!
We had sunshine on Saturday and our family took advantage by getting out in our yard and tackling some projects. We BBQ’ed that evening and had a super dinner! The boys made my mother in law and I breakfast on Sunday and I went to see Dark Shadows with a friend in the afternoon, then relaxed and did some crafting in the evening.It was a perfect day!

I was really excited to try making another wreath.  I made my first one ever, a coffee filter wreath, back in January, and I’ve been wanting to make another one ever since!

I recently heard you could use a
pool noddle as a wreath form!?
Well, that sounded pretty thrifty to me.
I grabbed one from the dollar tree, used an old pair of jeans, added some scrap fabric and
made a fun, Summertime wreath.
This was a totally relaxing project.
Loving that the pool noodle was only $1!
The jeans (my denim fabric) were torn and totally un repairable, so this was a super way to re use them!
The fabric that I used to make all the flowers was just scrap I have had forever.
This is an easy, entry level project anyone could manage.
(and probably with scraps from around the house and a $1!)
That made it…
“Cheap & Easy”
{which fits my very strict criteria}
 I’ll post a “start-to-finish” tutorial on how
I made this later in the week.

Since I couldn’t wait to share!
SHARING AT:
Tip Junkie handmade projects

Comments

comments

Comments

I know I commented on FB about your awesome pool noodle but realized not here. Thanx for going my party friend!:) P.s Can I pretty please come to Hawaii!!??;)

It looks gorgeous! I love your flowers! My daughter has been making me some fabric flowers also, they are different but I just love, love yours! Beautiful wreath!

Very cute Shannon! How creative and what a bargain price. Your Mother’s Day sounds a lot like mine. Hubby and I worked on yard projects then we BBQ’D a steak later that evening with our middle daughter and her family. It was a great day!
    Jann

First thing I wanted to see when I had full internet was this wreath…and I was not disappointed! I have to say this is one that looks better close up then far away! You outdid yourself!

This gives me a good idea of how to put those ugly mom jeans in the back of the closet to good use. Why I don’t just chuck them I have not figure out yet …

… I really don’t want them to come back in style …

Linda

This is so cute, I have an old pair of jeans in my laundry room, I think this is where they belong. A pool noodle??? Wow, that is really creative. So happy you had such a fantastic Mother’s Day, you sure deserved it. Thanks for sharing this fab project. -K

adorable Wreath! I’ve used the pool noodle for a wreath form and sadly mine is always lopsided or comes apart. How did you get yours to look so perfect????

Had no idea what a pool noodle was till I googled it.
    Looks like an ideal wreath form being it’s lightweight and bendable. Thank’s for the idea!!
    You did good the wreath is adorable!!

Wow, that’s really using your “NOODLE!” I know, I need to keep my day job. :0)

Seriously, really neat. I love the fact you used a cheapy dollar store item too!

You should also link up at the Checkered Apple…she’s doing a patriotic link up party all month or something!

This wreath is fabulous, Shannon! What a great idea using a noodle for a wreath form. I’m your newest follower and I’m a newbie posting over at Debbiedoo’s. Thanks for doing what you do!

Oh I love it! This wreath is so stinkin’ cute! I love, love, love red & white gingham!
    A pool noodle…who would have thought?

This is so much fun, Shannon!
    I love the denim and the fabric you chose for the other flowers really pops against the background. This gives me some ideas for making a Canada Day wreath!

I don’t know that I would have the patience to make a coffee filter wreath but this is certainly a contender! I guess it’s time to take my Fall wreath down (especially since it fell off the door today!)

I was going to say that you’re my kind of woman (“cheap”) with your decorating ideas, but that sounded a little off-color…LOL! Instead, I’ll say that your INEXPENSIVE ideas are so clever and utterly cute. I just may have to buy a pool noodle or two!

It’s beautiful! I need to get a wreath together. My daughter says my front porch looks bare. Can you imagine any place I am (Ms. Clutter-Bug that I am) looking bare?
    Brenda