Aurora Colorado Tragedy Fund Raiser

New information added to due to the growth of this auction!!!!

TO BID:
Leave the dollar amount of your bid in the comment section.

Please make sure you are not a no-reply comment blogger.
Paypal invoice will be sent to collect winning bidders funds.

Please, please only bid if you are serious
A lot of people have put their hearts & time into this auction…
Thank you so,so very much.
—————————————————————
—————————————————————
I just had an idea.

I was going to draw again today for a new winner of a wreath I was giving away.
(The winner never contacted me.)

And it came to me I could auction it off
to the highest bidder and send the proceeds
to whatever fund is set up for the
victims of the theater
(in case you had not heard…)

I was so upset when I awoke to the news today and it’s been on my mind all day.
I’m not going to get all wordy…
I have a hard time conveying my feelings that way.
But, it really hurt my heart.

Every little bit helps.
So I figured this couldn’t hurt.

Unfortunately when things like this happens… the world keeps turning and reality still comes at you with medical bills… and sometimes even worse expenses… like funeral services.

In the spirit of giving I am offering this
Summertime Wreath up for your consideration.

Please note;  Additional items
{gross understatement!}
have now been graciously added throughout
the day to this impromptu auction…

Clickable Link Below;

(special thanks to Janel at Hating Martha for getting this list together!)

This Auction Will END on
Sunday, July 22th at 6pm
>>>This Auction is now<<<
CLOSED.
*will the winner please contact me at;
Shanni_O@yahoo.com
With an email that accepts return messages.

Thank you for all the generous donations and bids.
My words can not express how touched everyone was by the unsolicited donations of time & energy for this cause!!!!!
This is offered with the best intent.
And I hope it is received as such.
Please leave a comment with a *dollar amount if your wish to bid.
(*highest bid wins)

Regular comments are welcome too :)

Shipping within the US only. *Paid for by me.
I will be responsible for shipping the wreath I originally offered.

*All other items will be shipped direct by the individuals
who so generously donated them.

Comments

comments

Comments

I’m just getting to this post today. We had been vacationing in Mexico and essentially “unplugged” we found out about the shooting when we returned home. My family was not personally affected, but the theater is not far from my sister and she had some coworkers there. I have been totally amazed by all the outpouring of love and support the whole country have given up to the victims and families. Many thanks to you for being part of the good. :)

Kelly

I missed being able to donate or bid but I wanted to thank you and all the wonderful people who did donate to this and try to make something good out of this tragedy. As a Denver resident, I had just moved here when Columbine and now to wake up to this was unthinkable. Completely senseless.
    Bless your heart.

I just missed helping you by a few minutes :( Thanks for your efforts to help those in need at this time. May their hearts be filled with peace and comfort. And, Shannon, may your heart continue to be filled with kindness and generosity.

I’m new to your site, but I just wanted to say…I’m beyond blessed to read of all of the donations from the various bloggers as well as the people willing to bid on the “package” in order to assist those in Aurora.

It brings tears to one’s eyes to see strangers banding together and proving “good will overcome evil”. What an amazing example you have set. I’m glad that I saw a reference to this auction in my news feed from one of my other blogs. Many blessings that it can bring good to those that have lost loved ones in the Colorado shootings. Blessings,

Erin

I would like to bid but, being the simple minded person that I am, I haven’t located the list of items up for auction and how to bid on them. :(
    Help, pls. (in defense, I must say I am an olden woman of many years and that’s my excuse and I’m stickin’ with it.) :))

I would love to join in but I can’t (I wish I was living in the US!) so instead I have shared this on my FB, Twitter and G+ pages.

You are such a sweet person Shannon. The world is such a great place because of generous and kind people like you!

Blessings and best wishes,
    Natasha in Oz

SHANNON!!! This is so awesome. What an original gesture and to see everyone coming together for such a cause!! So, so awesome. I bid $400!!! And am going to spread the word. There’s a lot of loot in that prize!! :)

I think this is just wonderful of you to do! What an amazing person you are. Unfortunately the bidding is too rich for me … and I think I may be too late to add an item in … but if do a second auction I’m more than happy to donate a Union Jack pillow from my drop cloth designs Etsy …

Linda

Shannon, you are amazing. I would like to donate on of my paintings. Do you want me to include it in your package or do you want me to host my own auction? You can see my mini paintings on my blog. I have a page for them on my blog (“Minis”).

xo,
    Ricki Jill

So now people are bidding on the entire “Goodie bag” of everything on the list, correct? I wanted to add a link to my blog for this, but wanted to verify that all of the items combined are what is being bid on :)

My thoughts and prayers go out to all the families and victims of this horrific tragedy. I just can’t imagine my boys setting out for a movie premier and never coming home again. Makes me cry to think about. I am pumped for this and hope you get the highest bid imaginable. There are so many kind and generous offerings out there. Whether big, or small, they are all thoughtful and with loving and giving hearts. I am so happy to be a part of this community. More so at this time over any other!

Ok girls, here is another throw in the mix! 3 months of sponsor ad space over at my blog!~ Let’s get this partay started. My heart is just be-stilled over this Shannon.

Shannon this is such a beautiful gesture. I’d love to be a part of it, so I’m going to throw in the Watch Over You necklace by Stella & Dot..valued at $69

Sharon @ mrs. hines class

Sharon @ mrs. hines class

if you are still taking donations for the auction i can give a credit or item from my etsy shop
    beifioriembellish.etsy.com
    marilyn

I have to go to bed to head out with my daughters in the morn. How long will the auction be open? Cause don’t think I’m done!

~Bliss~

How wonderful Shannon! I just threw in an authentic little plaid coach bag, in the bag..real deal. Let’s get this party started! How kind and very thoughtful of you.

Its been a heartbreaking day, my heart and prayers goes out to everyone! You guys are awesome. I would like to add a Walmart shopping card ($50) to the package.

I think what you are doing is amazing. I have been thinking of those families and the Aurora community all day…it so heartbreaking. I would like to also offer a necklace to the highest bidder…

Oh Shannon as an Aurora resident your gesture brought tears to my eyes. We here are sadden by today’s events but we are also proud of our community. Thank you so much for thinking of those that have such a long road ahead of them. Bless you friend.

what a generous thing to do; it always helps when you can do something productive when it seems like there is nothing you can do. hope you get a great winning bid.

I agree the tragedy is horrible and sickens me. Your idea is very thoughtful and hopefully will inspire others to make simialr gestures. I hope and pray someone will bid high on it since you will be giving it to a very worthy cause! Wishing you well.

xoxo
    Diana

What a wonderful idea Shannon! This has been really bothering me all day. I am like yourself, not good with words, but I am definitely hugging on my own kids more today then I normally do. Prayers and thoughts to everyone in Colorado going through this terrible tragic time. xo- Jen