A Cottage Christmas Mantel {Holiday 2012}

Welcome to Fox Hollow at Christmas
I’m really excited to share our
Cottage Christmas Holiday Mantel with you.

It’s a little different this year.
We’ve got snowmen, a frosty garland,
candy canes and lots of ornaments.

Come See!

This frosty head Qt is the star of the show.
I just love him!

He got left in the box last year.
(I’m hope he doesn’t hold that against me?)

I went a little crazy with the ornaments..
I can’t help it.
I love the sparkle & shine!
I mixed my most treasured, vintage Shiny Brites in with the not so vintage ones and added them all over.

My tea stained rag doll has her very own little tree
and the newest seat in the house.

I bought this sweet little chair in Bandon, Oregon
a few months ago and I’ve been saving it for Christmas.
I just love the vintage, ticking stripe fabric.

This is our first Christmas since the
Fireplace Makeover and it’s a real treat
to get to decorate the hearth!

I might have went a little overboard?
Oh well!

I’ve actually been holding on to
a few things since Summer
and the vintage, RC Cola Crates
are also making their debut ;)

Jim and I picked the crates up at the city wide sale that was held in Myrtle Point over the Summer. Jim got some scaffolding, so we
were both very satisfied with our prizes!

It’s fun finally getting to use them.
I just knew they needed to be filled with ornaments.

Click on the Link Below for
More Holiday Fun and The Rest of
My Personal Christmas Decor & Crafts.

You’ll also find over
100 Christmas Decor & Craft Ideas
from top bloggers in this collection.

Thanks for stopping by!

I hope you liked this years
Christmas Mantel.

I’ll leave you with a nighttime, twinkle light photo.

I love to decorate, especially for the holidays
and I do it without spending lots of money.
If you like frugal decorating and simple, easy to follow craft ideas, I’ll hope you visit again and maybe even follow me here at Fox Hollow Cottage.

Happy Christmas to YOU!

Sharing This Post With:
Savvy Southern Style DIY Showoff
Uncommon Designs Online Funky Junk Interiors
Southern Hospitality Top This Top That
The Inspired Room

Comments

comments

Comments

I love red and aqua together. I decorate in those colors, too. (In fact, the color of your room looks just like the color of my room.) The candy canes are a great addition. I might have to add a few to my decor. Thanks for the idea!

I adore your sweet mantel with the colors you chose! Lovely! Thanks fo linking up to the mantel party at Embracing Change!
    Stacey

Shannon!
    Overboard is a good thing at Christmas! Love your color scheme – perfect for an aqua loving gal like you. And I want that RC crate – would go perfectly with my coke one!
    Ho, Ho, Ho!
    Kelly

Of course I love your mantel because those are the same colours I used on mine! I love red and turquoise together. Your new chair and crates are having a right proper debut and I’m sure they are proud to be surrounded by such pretty vintage ornaments and sparkle everywhere. Love it all!

I so love this!!! LOVE IT! As my daughter says when it comes to crafting, you can never have to much, especially when there is Christmas involved! I am a big fan of overstated and more is better when it comes to holiday decorating. Love all your little Shannon colors mixed in there!

Shannon…this is gorgeous! Lovin’ the vintage vibe and it’s beautiful against your aqua wall. If you can’t “overdo” it at Christmas…when can you? :)
    Kelly

You did it again girl, made me drool! lol! My favorite color combo in all it’s Christmas wonder. Love it all! Not too much for me. The chair and doll are so sweet. I did my mantel entirely different this year with a candy theme. Doesn’t hold a candle to yours. Thanks for helping to make my morning start out bright and cheery!
    Jann
    p.s. I would love if you would share this with Share Your Cup Thursday.

Shannon, this mantel is fantastic, i love the colors and the touches with the snowman and the candy canes in the jar. Just beautiful

Cynthia

Yay! I’m finally getting your emails! Love the aqua with the red…it’s one of my favorite combos. Your Raggedy Ann takes me back to my old business Threadbare Creations. I used to pump out raggedy anns and vintage-dressed dolls like clockwork. I saved a few raggedies, but they’re all boxed up.

How beautiful! LOVE the color combination of the red/aqua and white! Love all the little details and string of candy canes!

How flipping cute is that chair with that tree and that doll and the touches of aqua. Like Debbie said it’s you and that makes it all so loveable.

Bliss

love love love the aqua pops with the red 7 white palette! Everything is so cute and you have such a knack for putting things together in unusual ways. Refreshing, different and delightful!
    Jenna

To the no-reply comment blogger ;) The wall color is from Pittsburgh Paint and the shade is “Aqua Fiesta”.

PS-Just a reminder, if I did not respond to your comment, it is because I couldn’t.

Shannon – your mantel is adorable! I love it all! I love the blue and red together – I have lots of it this year too. You did it soooo well!
    Brenda

THAT is one of the sweetest, happiest looking mantles I have ever seen. It reminds me of smiles on children’s faces and puppy dogs with wagging tails- xo Diana

I love everything!! The colors are so very happy and cheerful! Your snowmen are adorable and every little detail adds so much! I say there is no such thing as “overboard” at Christmastime!!!
    Michelle

OMG … this is the cutest, happiest and most creative Christmas mantel ever, Shannon! I love it. The vintage Shiny Brights are awesome. And, I love that you mixed red and aqua together. I want to spend Christmas at *your* house!

Holy moly I love it all so very much!! I was swooning over your tea stained doll & the chair she was sitting in… And I scrolled to see that the chair is new.. I just love it. The RC cola crates…my goodness. My parents would always buy the RC cola & we’d have it on our camping trips. Nice job!

No way! I am in love with your mantel! I don’t even have words to express how cute it is! I love that snowman, that chair, the colors. You knocked it out of the park. I tried to work my Coke crate into my mantel, but no such luck. I should just copy what you did! Lol

Shannon…I love your decorations for this year! That color combination is so beautifully vintage…everything works so well together. Great job! Enjoy the beauty you’ve created!!!
    XO Barbara