Warm Hands Hearts
- Wool Felt (Fleece also works well)
- Sewing Needle and Embroidery Cotton
- 1 to 1 1/2 Cups Uncooked Rice (any variety except instant). I used mixed long grain and wild.
- Lavender buds and Essential Oil for scenting the rice. I use dried lavender from my garden. (Optional)
To make the warmers:
- Cut 4 hearts from the felt. Mine measure about 4 inches across and 4 inches from top to bottom.
- Using embroidery cotton, sew a simple blanket stitch around the edge of the heart leaving a one inch opening for filling.
- Place the uncooked rice in a bowl. Add lavender and 2-3 drops of Essential Oil, Stir. (Optional)
- Fill the hearts with rice. I use a simple funnel made from a piece of paper.
- Stitch the opening closed.
I’m super thrilled, because after all.. isn’t it our
differences that make life interesting? I think so!
Want Kimberly more then once a month?
You can find her at Serendipity Refined
and at the following social media sites;
Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter & Google+
I hope you enjoyed her post about keeping Winter hands warm. That tutorial on making your own Lavender Heart Hand Warmers makes even me think I could manage to sew a few stitches
What a lovely Valentine’s gift they would make!
Appearance in full on any site other then Fox Hollow Cottage is theft!