Spring at the Cottage {my Nicole Miller mantel}

Welcome to Fox Hollow Cottage, come on in and take a peek at my Spring Mantel

Ooh La-La! It’s getting all designer chic
up in here at the hollow.

My Spring mantel is tres fancy.

Too bad the “Nicole Miller” part of the mantel is just some repurposed ruffled pillow sham trim I stole to decorate my painted tin cans.

Yeah… I’m so classy.

Jute twine.
It’s equal to a pearl necklace at my place.

The tin can crafting  is fun, basically free, and I’m still loving it. Tin cans are so versatile when you can paint them… and decorate them just about any way you can think of.
I don’t think I’m done yet.

I’ve got some fluttery, romantic, pale aqua chiffon standing in as a garland.

Throw in some jute twine… some chiffon fabric and you can dress up ball mason jars too! Of course, those Nicole Miller ruffles don’t hurt at all. My mantel is ready for it’s runway debut.

Did I miss Spring fashion week? Darn.

I live about 10 minutes from the shore.. and when the sun starts shining, the shells start making their way back out of storage and you can find them sprinkled around the house.

Just a few, to usher in and welcome Spring.

I’m thrilled to have had the chance to
share my mantel with you at the
“It’s a Spring Thing” blog hop and party.
Spring Thing Graphic

Make sure to check out the other fantastic projects that have been shared this week! Cupcakes & Crinoline shared a luscious lemon blueberry butter cake, Dear Lillie showed off her delightful Spring dining room, Kristin at My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia shared a super cute “Welcome Spring” painted sign and Simply Klassic Home taught us how to create a simple but pretty Spring centerpiece!
Heather from At The Picket Fence showed you how to make these Birds Nest Cupcakes yesterday. You don’t want to miss those. Mmm… aren’t they so sweet?
Bird's Nest Cupcakes in Mason Jars from At the Picket Fence
 My pal Debbie from Debbidoo’s is the next stop on our fabulous It’s a Spring Thing Party!
I’m excited to be joining all these other amazing bloggers later in the hop! Look for them and follow along.
 Heather from Setting for Four, Angelina from JoJo & Eloise, Vanessa from At the Picket Fence, Maryann from Domestically Speaking, KariAnne from Thistlewood Farms, Courtney from French Country Cottage, and Jennifer from Jennifer Rizzo.
Don’t forget to stop back in on March 18!!
We’ll all be hosting one HUGE It’s a Spring Thing! Linky Party together and we’d all love for you to link up your Spring and Easter posts with us. It’s going to be wonderful.
Whatever you link will show up on every blog!!

Happy Spring
I hope the sun is shining on you today.
It feels lighter & brighter at my house with
a Spring Mantel up!

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Sharing this post with:
Flamingo ToesUncommon DesignsUnder The Table And Dreaming
Mod Vintage LifeMom 4 Real, French Country Cottage

Comments

comments

Comments

Oh girl, how did I ever miss this mantel? I love it! I always love all your mantels. This blue & white just sings to me…it’s perfect!

• Shannon at Fox Hollow Cottage says

Probably about the same way I have been missing you! We are to dam* busy. LOL!!!! Happy Easter sweet G :) Love ya girl!!!!

Your spring mantel is so lovely. Amazing what cans can do :). Love the added ruffles and bows.
    Have a nice week,
    Bev
    @http://eclecticredbarn.blogspot.com

So pretty Shannon. My favorite is the jute flowers. I will have to copy those. Thanks for sharing your talents.
    Blessings,
    Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

Absolutely beautiful, Shannon! I love your “Nicole Miller” wrapped tin cans crafting … and, your chiffon garland is awesome! Spring has arrived!

This is so sweet and fresh! I could imagine myself in this room having a cup of tea and ready a good book. Well done! HOpe you can stop by the enchanted oven for a visit.
    xo,
    Lisa

Peter Cottontail better start hopping through here, I’m just feeling thankful I don’t have any Christmas still out. I can’t keep up with the holidays lately, so when you are ready to put your cute spring cans away, send them to me, I’ll probably be just about ready to welcome spring.

Bliss

Gorgeous Shannon! I love the shades of pale aqua and green paired together with the natural colored jute! Your spring wreath is beautiful and adds a nice pop of yellowy green too! So pretty!

Shannon – this is SOOO gorgeous! I featured your Spring tablescape from last year on my blog yesterday and now I almost want to go edit the post and add this in. I just might. And haha – that’s like my “Nicole Miller bedroom”. The only Nicole Miller part being two pillow shams I found on sale. ;)
    I ADORE this!!
    xoxo, Claire

What a creative idea for a garland. I love the soft and subtle look. I also really like the styling inside the fire opening. AND, I’m in love with the wreath hanging over the chalkboard. I’m going to have to copy you!

Hi Shannon! You have the most beautifully fashioned mantel ever! Love the softness and all of your creativity too. The bunny is darling and I NEED that mirror! :)
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

My, what a soft and dreamy post.
    I love how delicate and charming every little detail is . . . perfection :)
    Your blogging sister, Connie :)