Decorating With Urns the Fall Edition

Decorating With Urns the Fall Edition

Hello and Welcome to Fox Hollow Cottage.

Decorating With Urns Fall Edition

In my opinion there is nothing like the beauty and sheer drama of a gorgeous pair of urns flanking an entryway!

They are simply classic and set such a  beautiful mood. I’ve loved them about, oh, forever… but have yet to find a set I could afford. So, I daydream.

Would you like to come along?

Decorating with Urns for Fall

Now, it could be the charm of brick facade or the lead glass door that caught my eye… but these Fall urns packed with bright orange Mums are definitely stealing the show in this case!

Decorating with Urns for Fall

Mmm! I just love these stately urns filled with varietal Kale and large orange pumpkins! They set the tone for what I imagine is a very inviting home when you walk through those doors.

Decorating with Urns for Fall

Bright Ornamental Kale, Golden Orange Mums, Falls Leaves and a Peek of Pansy Make This Short Urn Stand Tall in My Eyes.

With it’s Bright Orange color and Lush Flowers, this Pumpkin Topiary Nestled in a Black Urn offers a Bold Fall Welcome!

fall urn

The Natural Fall Elements in this Urn welcome visitors and the season with quiet charm.

Great Fall Urn - StoneGable: Outdoor Fall Decor

If you want to be delighted… Yvonne of Stone Gable does such a beautiful job decorating. This pretty Fall urn with Pumpkins, Gourds and Yellow Mums is just a taste of what you’ll find!

Decorating with Urns for Fall 2

This Fall Porch Display with Urns has varying sizes and heights of urns paired with different colors and textures of pumpkins. This look is so appealing and could easily slide right into Halloween.

Fall Decorated Wire Urn with Pedastal

The Cinderella Pumpkins Paired with this Amazing Metal Wire Urn atop a Pedestal is a real show stopper! This is one of my favorite style of urns, after the real classic, chippy iron kind. I’d be equally happy with this version if the opportunity for me to own one came about! I think I’ll put one (or two) of these on my wish list.

Metal Wire Garden Urn with Pedestal One Kings Lane

I did find these Wire Garden Urns via One Kings Lane. These would weather really well here, letting the rain run right through. I like that they would be fairly light and easy to re position! These would look equally as fabulous flanking a fireplace too.

Pottery Barn Urn for Fall with a White Pumpkin and Bittersweet grace the home of Debra who blogs at Common Ground.

This was Fall of last year… I can only imagine what she’ll be sharing this year. She is one to follow for sure! Debra has  got such a great style. One I would like to emulate for certain!

Wheat, white pumpkin and moss in silver urn

This Dear Lillie Fall Urn Decor is quite the mix of textures! I love the shape and the aged patina on the urn.

Monogramed Pumpkin Topiary in Black Urn

Lastly.. while I could not find a source, this one was just made for ME!

A Pumpkin Topiary, in an URN… with a monogrammed “S”.

I’ll take it.

Have a wonderful Labor Day holiday weekend all.

The Autumnal Equinox will be here before we know it.

Shannon Signature Fall Hallween

Click Here for More Fall Crafts and Ideas

Comments

comments

Comments

Wow. I love all these ideas and I’m so inspired. I have just one urn -it came with the house. How should I use it for fall? I’m a symmetry kind of gal, so the one urn thing has me stumped!

Beautiful Fall pics, Shannon! I love using urns by our front door (and am getting ready make my pumpkin topiaries again this year … yippee)! I love Debra’s home, too! Can’t wait to see your Fall goodies!

Send me some Fall soon!! I love all the gorgeous Fall Urn displays you have. Will you please come to my house and put one or two together for me?

• says

(it’s been hot here!) Crazy right? But I see the leaves changing and it’s coming. In all honesty, Spring is our worst season. We get boat loads of rain, and Summer is just over the hill and it teases you knowing it’s coming, and the rain just keeps falling! Our Sept and Oct are usually glorious!! We’ve even had some wonderful days in Nov and Dec. Cold, but SUNNY !

Oh Shannon this is such a fun post. I adore urns too. I have them on my front porch and I have silver urns in my living room. I hope you get your wire urns. I wanted tall planters on my porch but they were a little pricey. One year I asked my family to get them for my birthday. It was wonderful because they never know what to get me anyway! Enjoy the rest of your weekend…Ann p.s. love your new header graphic!

• says

Ann, that is a great idea. I think If I find some wire ones that are affordable maybe I will ask for them? I know you do! Those silver ones are fan-tastic!! Thanks, I wanted a little change, I’m so glad you noticed (:

Well, if all this does not get us in the mood for Fall decoration, I don’t know what will. Love it all. Thanks for the inspiration. Just need the Urns.
    Blessings,
    Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

Shannon, these are great! I have two large urns that flank my entryway; and I love to change them out seasonally. I was trying to come up with some new ideas for fall and these are perfect! Thanks for sharing. Hope you’re having a great weekend!

• says

I’m trying to get in the mood too, but still pretend it’s Summer. Not ready for our rainy Oregon weather just yet. It was a delight to feature them. I knew you would get a ping back ;) It’s one of my all time favorites. The white urn.. the Bittersweet. Just so subtle and beautiful!!

Those wire urns are to die for. Guess I’m on a new quest, although I do own a beautiful chippy urn that is my Pièce de résistance!!

You read my mind… thanks. I woke up dreaming of a front door with urns and you made it way easier for me to do with is post. Pinning! Have a great weekend.

All the inspiration is beautiful. I love Urns too. They just make such a statement and are so easy to create different vignettes. Have a great holiday week end.
    Kris

I love me a couple of urns too!! There’s just so much you can do with them! I guess I need to get my fall things out but we’re still dealing with triple digit temps here! Wish I was in Oregon!!~~Angela

Dreaming of pumpkins and falling leaves here as we hit 100 degrees again today! I love urns and saw a couple while I was out junkin’ with a friend today. Alas, I do not own one….a sad situation which I really need to correct! Love the inspiring photos!!!