I’m back! With buttons. And some washi tape too.
If you saw my Handmade Sequin Ornaments here, these are really similar. Just as easy too. You gotta love these clear glass ornaments! I had a ball finding new things to stuff inside. I bet you could think of something fun that I didn’t and make them your own.
The addition of the washi tape was a last minute idea. It’s just a wee bit but I think it definitely adds a playfulness and gives you the opportunity for endless color combinations to play with.
Here is the simple how-to:
– Remove ornament top and set aside.
– Add a small amount of floor wax to your clear glass ornament. A small funnel is handy. Cover with thumb, shake & swirl. You’re just lightly coating the interior of the ornament.
– Insert funnel into wax bottle and pour excess wax back in the bottle.
– Add your filling to the ornament. In this case, BUTTONS! Just a few.
– Cover with thumb, shake & swirl.
– If you need to, take something long and slim, insert into ornament and move the buttons to desired position.
– Add WASHI TAPE to the upper rim of the ornament. Tuck any excess inside the ornament top.
– Pop top back on.
– Check out that CuteyMcCute BUTTON goodness!
I used pink and green buttons and I put them on the tree in my bedroom. I’ve got just a little tinsel tree on my bedside table. There is nothing like having a tree in your room. Total magic!!
A very merry Christmas to you!
Diy Clear Christmas Ornament: Button and Washi Tape