Will this be the cutest organizing project you’ve ever seen?
No, probably not.
And that is OKAY.
Because I’m just a regular girl, with a few minutes to spare, who wanted to get her family organized before the new school year started.
Does this do the job?
It’s fast, cheap and easy… and that usually wins out at my house.
Plus, it’s exactly where it needs to be for maximum efficiency. I couldn’t have done this without the Command brand hooks. The side of my fridge is wrapped in a thin veneer, so even if I wanted to put in a nail in it, (which I don’t) I couldn’t!
Here is how I did it:
- A calendar is a basic must! Austin has tons of school stuff we’ve got to track and the kitchen, as a central location, made the most sense for us.
- The Command Brand Clear Utensil Hook works perfect for holding it because we can pop it right on and off to flip forward, and to write things down.
- I use the Command Brand Clear Utensil Hooks all over my house. Like below, in my bedroom.
You can see how versatile they are HERE, where I used them to organize my accessories.
- Next, I went for nostalgia just because I like to torment myself. I added a photo of Austin in Kindergarten, sort of a full circle thing since this is his Senior year.
- I used the Command Brand Picture Hanging Strips for this. These things ROCK! (I used them to hang Austin’s wall mirror in his room and a big mirror over my mantel in the living room too. Serious, they worked like magic!) They come in different sizes to hold varying weights.
- Then came some Command Brand Spring Clips. I used the Quartz (white) color.
- Perfect for holding lunch money and reminders.
- Tip: Point the little tab down so when it’s time to remove them it’s easy to grab a hold of.
- The Command Brand Caddies make it possible to have thank-you cards, post its, pens, tape, etc… right where you need them to leave notes and such, fast and easy, on hurried school mornings.
- All the Command products are easy to use. (Hello? I use them, and you know I hate complicated!) > I really do <
- Follow package directions, like cleaning the surface with a little isopropyl alcohol and waiting 1 hour before you add weight to them will ensure you get a good result.
- To use: adhere the blue tab surface to the Command product, press firmly for 30 seconds.
- Adhere the black tab surface to the Command product.
- Peel back black tab and affix to the wall/surface.
- Again, tabs down so they don’t show and for easy removal when it’s time.
- A Clear Fridge Clip for the marching schedule, and a few more Spring Clips for BRIGHT (no “I didn’t see it”) note paper and we are ready to rock!
In real time, this took me maybe, maybe 15 minutes to pop up.
That included: grabbing the photo, rustling up some tablets, pens and finding boy approved thank-you cards in my stash! I think the payoff will be worth it.
We’ve already referenced the marching schedule, left notes… and of course.
The money is gone.
You might notice I added some fresh fruit in a location he will practically have to trip-over to get out the door, in hopes some might make it into my child’s mouth.
This kid almost always refuses to eat anything in the morning.
I can dream though right?
Just a little FIY: I am a Command Brand ambassador. That means I get to try and share lots of the Command line with you and I make a couple of bucks for my time. It’s important to me that I share real-life uses that we find for them in our home, and ideas for decorating with them that you might like. While I am compensated, please know that I only share things I think are of value, well made and useful!
You can find all the Command Brand products like the Spring Clips, Fridge Clips, Picture Hanging Strips,
Wire Utensil Hooks and Caddies that I used in this post on the Command website.
You can also visit Command on:
(these are great places to follow for free giveaways and such!)
Thanks for stopping in! Hope you found an idea or two that might make your life a wee bit easier.
PS/Tip: check you local stores for sales. I find them BOGO and percentages off all the time! (great time to pick up extra adhesive strips)
PPS: Normally, I’d tell you how this is damage free… and you can take it down and do the “last day of school” whoop-it-up SUMMERTIME dance and forget it was ever there. I think this being Senior year… I might light candles under it and make a memorial. lol!!!!
Get Organized: Easy Family Command Center