Hello and Welcome to Fox Hollow Cottage, I’m Shannon. If you’re new here, I’d like to introduce you to the home of cheap & easy. Sort of my thing. I love to craft, as long as it doesn’t irritate me to death. So I like simple, and I’m pretty fond of instant gratification too. If that sounds like your deal too, keep reading!
How To Make a Snowy Jingle Bell Christmas Wreath
I know. I know…
I can hear you.
“It’s not even Thanksgiving yet, why is this crazy chick (I edited that for you, aren’t I nice?) showing me a Christmas wreath?
Well. There is a story there.
It goes like this…
Some of us have really great intentions to make handcrafted decor to adorn our homes with, then the time portal opens… we get sucked in, and next thing you know, it’s 2 weeks until Christmas. Leaving us either overpaying, at the mercy of last minute shipping, frantically searching the picked over remains from store X or using decor that we might not be wild about anymore.
So, to help you out, I’m sharing a wreath idea now! Super early. So you can hustle your hiney down to the craft store, gather supplies and whip out a qt all your own. So really, I’m just thinking of you.
I’m selfless like that.
Now, about this wreath making business…
This is what you will need:
- A Wreath Form – I used a pool noodle. If you don’t have a stash of 8-10 behind the door of your home decor storage room, a styrofoam wreath form will work wonderfully. If you use a pool noodle, you’ll also need a small length of clear packing tape.
- Fabric – To cover wreath form. You will need approx three – 3 foot X 6 inch strips should cover your base.I used some super cheap cream muslin. You’ll be covering this, so any old white/light colored fabric will do.
Because they carry pool noodles at the Dollar Tree and they make such affordable wreath bases, I’ve worked with them multiple times. I can walk you through using one and you’ll get great results. CLICK HERE TO FIND THE EASY POOL NOODLE WREATH TUTORIAL.
- Yarn – I used Bernat Pipsqueak in white (this gives the nubby/snowy look!)
- White Feathers – You can buy feathers, or a boa and cute it up.
- Greenery/Floral Pick
- Misc. Ornaments – Jingle Bells, Pine Cones.
- Accent Fabric. I used a Black & White Gingham Check.
- Glue Gun
- Wire – To fashion a hanger on the back
This is how-to make it:
- 1. Start With Your Prepped Wreath Base. (covered in fabric) This is very simple, but all covered in the tutorial above, with lots of pictures too. Again, you can find it HERE.
- 2. Now you are ready to wrap your “snowy” yarn on. Use a dot of glue to secure to back, and begin wrapping. Complete wrapping until covered, secure on back with drop of glue. Next, you are ready to adorn!
- Tip: Once you have wrapped your yarn around a few times, you can set a semi-heavy object on one side and use both hand to pass the yarn around the wreath base. This speeds thing along nicely and makes the wrapping go pretty fast!
- 3. Left Side: Apply feathers. Secure with a generous zig-zag of glue, press to secure.
- 4. Left Side: Tie bow on floral pick, apply with glue on top of feathers. Add jingle bell with more glue.
- 5. Right Side: Apply feathers. Secure with a generous zig-zag of glue, press to secure.
- 6. Right Side: Layer on ornaments, jingle bell and pine cones. (I glittered my pine cones. Becasue, I am me) lol
- 7. Top: I’m not a big “bow” girl so I wrapped fabric around the top, and layered on coordinating ribbon. Feel free to BOW it up 😉
- 8. Make A Hanger: Bend a small amount of floral wire into a U shape, affix with liberal amount of glue.
- 9. Pick a spot, hang it up, and marvel at your extreme craft prowess!
Ta-Da! There you have it.
It’s much faster than it sounds when you type it out. Promise!!
..and it get’s even better!
Not only I am sharing my Snowy Jingle Bell wreath with you today, but I have the pleasure and privilege of sharing 14 other gorgeous, handcrafted holiday door decor creations with you from some amazingly talented ladies.
You’re sure to find one you adore!
To appreciate all the lovely details of each wreath
simply click on each of the links below:
Please know, I tucked my wreath away and my home is most definitely in Thanksgiving mode. It’s all about Autumn up in here and we are looking forward to two things. Turkey and Family.
But that get’s it’s own category.
Oh and mashed potatoes. Mmm. Carbs.
Okay so FOOD in general.
Speaking of family, my parents will behereforChristmasthisyear!!!!!!!!
I’ve already got my decor all planned out and this is a glimpse of what you’ll be seeing at the holiday hollow this year! I want a super traditional feeling Christmas complete with fat, jolly Santa faces, classic red, lots of ornaments… and you can bet I’ll be pulling Cedar and Holly in from the property to deck my halls with. In short; lots of simple ideas, using what I’ve got, diy… and all the natural elements I can gather for low stress and more enjoyment!!
There is just a wee bit of excitement bubbling over. And while I won’t be trampling Thanksgiving and I’ll try to hold out on putting things up too early, I am not making any promises.
As of right now, I don’t have a single Christmas thing up.