Something New! Hint: #foxhollowfridayfavs
If you read this blog, chances are you follow me on social media as well. Or, perhaps you even found me on a social platform like Facebook or Pinterest, and then decided to subscribe and have Fox Hollow Cottage delivered to your email. (either way, thank you!)
I wanted to pop in today to talk about something new you’ll be seeing here at Fox Hollow Cottage. It all started on Instagram [here]. If you don’t follow me there, you’ve heard me mention it a few times here. It’s a free app for smart phones and PC’s too! I’ve loved it since the moment I got it.
- I immediately loved the premise. Post a photo to your Instagram (IG for short from here on out) and your followers would have it pop up in their IG feed. They could see it right then and have the choice to tap the screen and give the photo a heart, or better yet, tap the little comment bubble and talk right back to you, instantly, under the photo, right there in the app.
- It’s so easy to use. Speaking of followers, it’s so simple to follow an fellow IG account. When you see an account you want to follow, you simply tap the +follow box on their profile page. That is it.
- Profile pages have clickable links for people who have websites (Like me, here at Fox Hollow Cottage) or maybe a storefront like an etsy page. So if you like the IG page you can click to see even more, or shop!
- Hashtags. You know, these things ###. On IG, you can add a “hashtag” and people who are looking for some particular interest or event can find photos which have added that hastag. Say home decorating is what you are into. Type #homedecorating and 86,000+ photos boast that tag. There are hashtags that have several million photos pop up!!
- #foxhollowfridayfavs – Because I love to shout-out & share, I started a hashtag all my own many months ago so I could easily find fellow IGers that wanted me to feature their IG accounts. This was done to promote growth for them as well as contribute to the IG decor enthusiast community.
- Where the blog comes in. Because there are so many IGers with blogs and online shops, I’ve decided to host the #foxhollowfridayfavs on my Facebook page as well PLUS start a (hopefully) weekly post here on the blog. That way I can introduce you to new bloggers & makers that you might enjoy!!
There are so many crazy-talented people out there creating beautiful spaces & wonderful things…
I think it’s time for #foxhollowfridayfavs to grow!!
My plan is to continue to do my weekly Friday features on IG, but I’ll also implement the same hashtag on Facebook, plus I’ll add Facebook and Fox Hollow Cottage blog features as well! Participants might appear on one, or all three!!
I’m very excited about this!! It’s been to long since I featured and shared others here on the blog and I’m really looking forward to it. I really think you’ll like the added diversity and inspiration as well!! It’ll be fun for the content creators to get a chance to meet some new friends and it should be fun for you, the readers, to get to meet new creators!!
A real win~win.
Cheers to sharing.
PS: about sharing… because Balsam Hill, the wonderful company I’m working with, gifted me the most epic faux tree ever, they asked if I’d do a quick video. It’s close enough now to reveal time that I can share this little peek. Now, you’ve never seen video from me before… and you may never again. LOL!! But here I am, un-boxing my Brand New (so fab I could squeal) Blue Spruce Flip Tree from Balsam Hill [here]. I am so thoroughly & completely Christmas Tree spoiled now it’s not even funny. Hope you enjoy watching me squirm. Kisses!! (and no making fun. I am noooo actress… and my hair went flat!!)