I know… shocker right?
So I’m sharing this mini meatloaf with herb roasted potatoes recipe as proof.
In case you had not figured it out by the lack of recipes on my blog, I’d rather decorate the kitchen… or even clean it, than cook in it. I’ve never been what you would call a big cook. I do cook, it’s just that when I do it’s very basic and never anything I feel like anyone would really care about. Ya know?
But… I’ve made the mini meatloaf a few times and I thought, you know, this is a pretty cool take on meatloaf, I think I’ll snap a few pics and share, in case you are at a loss as to what the heck to make for dinner tonight.. or sometime this week.
What I love about it the most?
Instead of taking 45 minutes to cook, it only takes 25 in the muffin tin! That is a huge plus in my book.
This is how I make this meal with one oven and have it all done at the same time.
Start prepping your potatoes first.
HERB ROASTED POTATO INGREDIENTS:
- 6 good sized white potatoes
- Approx. One Quarter Cup of cooking oil. Canola, corn, EVOO, etc…
- Garlic Powder
- Seasoning Salt
- Large glass pan or ovenware. Approx 9 x 13
- makes… one pan of potatoes. lol – maybe about 6-8 good sized helpings?
HERB ROASTED POTATO RECIPE:
- Pre-heat oven to 425*
- Clean potatoes well.
- Cut and dice into about 1 to 2 inch small squares/sizes.
- Place all potatoes in large mixing bowl.
- Toss lightly with cooking oil.
- Spray pan with non stick.
- Add potatoes to pan in level layer.
- Sprinkle liberally (or to taste) with spices .
Place in the oven on the lower rack at 425* for 45 minutes.
Note – If you are only making the potatoes, cook for 60 minutes at 425*
Sorry I didn’t get more photos of the potatoes. I was cooking in real time, for dinner and I’m not a “food blogger”. As evidenced by the lack of fancy food pictures. I was literally snapping.. and cooking!
If you are making both, while the potatoes are cooking, start on your meatloaf recipe.
MINI MEATLOAF INGREDIENTS:
- 3 pounds hamburger
- 2 eggs
- Approx 1 and 3/4 cups Italian Bread Crumbs (any brand)
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- makes 12 servings of mini meatloaf.
- Salt and pepper if desired (and to taste)
TO MAKE MINI MEATLOAF:
- Place hamburger in bowl.
- Add 1 egg and half breadcrumbs.
- Mix well. I use my clean hands.
- Add remaining egg and breadcrumbs.
- Add Worcestershire Sauce
- Mix well.
- Spray muffin tin with non stick spray.
- Add equal amounts of meatloaf mixture to each tin.
When you place the meatloaf in the oven, on the upper rack, turn the temperature down to 350* and continue cooking both the meatloaf and the potatoes for about 25 minutes.
*Please cook to taste and according to how your oven heats. Cooking times may vary slightly.
Now that the meatloaf and potatoes are in the oven, you’ve got about 25 minutes to make biscuits, additional sides, a dinner salad.. set the table, etc…
Once I pull the meatloaf and potatoes out. I hike the oven up to 450* and pop my biscuits in for about 7 minutes. I get everything to the table and cover it for the few minutes while I wait for the biscuits to cook. I use Bisquick heart healthy mix and the recipe on the back. I never, ever buy those canned biscuits anymore. My family loves these and they are soooo light & fluffy.
This whole dinner, start to finish takes just about an hour!
Not bad for home cooking.
Bonus. We have left overs so Jimmy has a nice lunch for the next day.
(That gets me good wife points times two)
If you have any questions, or I left anything out you need to know, make sure and message me and I’ll get back to you asap.
Hope you like the recipe!!
Mini Meatloaf with Herb Roasted Potatoes Recipe