Hello! Today I want to share how to freshen and restyle a floral arrangement with you.
I love getting fresh flowers, and chances are, you do too! If you got flowers for Mother’s Day, about a week from now, your flowers will probably be looking a little bit sad.
How to restyle an arrangement:
- I grabbed: a white creamer style pitcher, a hobnail milk glass vase, a pink glass vase, a thrift store vase and a .10 cent jelly jar.
- You can also add floral preservative (the little plastic pack of powder that often accompanies cut and arranged flowers) to make your blooms last longer.
- Freshly cutting the stems and adding fresh water (amended) will also keep your original arrangement looking it’s best, as well as prolonging the life of any secondary floral displays.
If you don’t have any on hand here are a few recipes;
(amounts are for full sized arrangements)
- You can add a penny or two and splash of table sugar to your arrangement.
- Add a cap full of bleach to the water.
- For approx. every quart of water, add 2 tsp. sugar and 2 tsp. vinegar.