Hello and welcome to my make believe bridal shower.
I ask that you suspend disbelief for a few moments… and think of a deserving bride to be, like I did when creating it.
Simply let yourself get lost in all the blush & bashful. Just like Shelby in Steel Magnolias…
I’m sure Julia Roberts would approve.
When Command unveiled the new party line and let me know I could show them to you in a bridal shower setting I was pretty excited. You see, without a daughter, I don’t get to play with pink much. A tragedy to be sure.
My apothecary cabinet was between-seasons, so I took advantage and used the new goodies here.
You can see how a festive, sparkly banner… flowers, food and balloons, instantly transformed my everyday space into a perfectly pretty party spot.
I like that the banner anchors don’t require me to pick a length and tie a knot.
The cotton twine slipped into the banner hanger and held like magic.
I dig tricksy things.
… and setting up this party.
It’s so fun to stretch!! I got to dive into pretty colors, and feminine textures like sequins, pom-poms and rosettes with abandon. It did my girly-girl, Barbie loving heart good.
Having the right tools for the job is as important in decorating as it is in the workshop. The balloon bunchers made it possible to cluster the balloons perfectly without any irritation, and I could put them exactly where I wanted them without worrying about the surface.
Command Balloon Bunchers are simple to use.
Follow the directions on the package back. When you are ready, remove the black tab and affix in place.
I tell ya, I don’t tire of being able to put things wherever I like! Having my balloons and a banner exactly where I wanted them and hanging perfectly was a real treat.
Simple Party Decorating Tips (for most any occasion)
- Use what you have as a base and build from there. If you own, say, a lot of yellow, use that and plan a theme from there.
- White dishes? Add to that with colorful accents and patterns.
- Don’t be afraid to use paper goods. Just buy a heavy, quality version.
- Balloons in updated colors can add a whimsical air to any party. A real classic.
- Create a banner using all your colors to tie the party theme together. Don’t be afraid to add texture and sparkle!
- Fresh flowers add so much to your affair, no mater the occasion or season. Use bunches or singles sprinkled about in smaller vases. Grocery store floral departments, Costco, farmers markets, Trader Joe’s, etc.. are great resources for budget floral accents.
- Scour discount spots like thrift stores and ebay for stand out single pieces and use them as accents, like I did with my Wedgwood china.
- Use pedestals and cake plates, drink dispensers and distinctive plates and platters for food display and serving.
When the decorating is made easier, it gives you time to focus on the really important things you need get ready for a party.
Stacking your food table by varying heights, makes for a tempting and tantalizing layout. You can use pedestals, cake stands, serving pieces and your imagination to build a beautiful display.
I hope you got an idea or two for making your next party plan a little easier… or, that seeing the new Command Party line in action opened up a new decorating possibility for you.
Just a little FIY: If you are new here, you might not know I am a Command Brand ambassador. That means, I get to try and share lots of the Command line with you and I make a couple of bucks for my time. It’s important to me that I share real-life uses that we find for them in our home, and ideas for decorating with them that you might like. While I am compensated, please know that I only share things I think are of value, well made and useful! I find the Command line to be all of those things and often use them on lots of things I don’t blog about that make our everyday life easier. You guys get the highlight reel 😉
Find the NEW Party Line products used in this post on the Command website.
You can also visit Command on:
(these are great places to follow for free giveaways, events and new product launches)
Command and I would like to offer 3 lucky Fox Hollow Cottage readers a chance to win a New Command Party Line package of goodies!
*Please note:: Facebook comments can not be tracked by rafflecoptor~Please comment in the main comment section for your entry to be counted. Thank you!