Top 15 DIY, Craft and Home Decorating Projects of 2015
Okay guys, before I even start in on this one… I promise to build a time-machine in 2016. hahaha
Or at least a “time slower downer machine“.
Because where in the h e l l-o did 2015 go?
I want a do-over.
I’m so glad that many of the “most viewed” posts (that means reader favorites) were mine too! I’m going to start at the bottom and we’ll work our way to the most viewed project of 2015 at the end. Like a New Year’s Eve countdown.
- FIFTEEN: How To Paint A Door Fast & Easy [here] – This was one of those… hmm… I think I’ll paint my door on whim projects that was so easy, I think I’ll paint my interior door(s) more often!
- FOURTEEN: How To Make A Decorating Back Drop [here] – This was another easy project that works great for filling in large, empty spaces and works well on mantels, floating shelves, open shelves, etc… or you know, you could hang them on a wall too.
- THIRTEEN: Valentine’s Day Cottage Style Decorating [here] – If you’ve got pretty pink shades of new or vintage Christmas ornaments, don’t put them away just yet, they make beautiful Valentine’s day decor.
- TWELVE: Coastal Cottage With A Patriotic Summer Twist [here] – I know they say “absence makes the heart grow fonder”, but I think Peonies should be a year round flower. Don’t you?
- ELEVEN: If You Give A Girl A Pumpkin [here] – Just having some early Autumn fun with this one, using aqua & orange on the apothecary cabinet. It all started with, you guessed it, a pumpkin.
- TEN: Cottage Kitchen Mini Makeover [here] – Lightened & brightened, fresh & streamlined. I was thrilled to share this one with you!
- NINE: How To Try A Paint Color Without Painting Or Buying Samples [here] – I loved sharing this little tidbit on how to try out paint colors with little effort and no paint necessary. What a time saver!
- EIGHT: Celebrating Spring Home Tour [here] – I hate to say it… but in a few short months we’ll be doing this again. So if it’s snowy & cold where you are… hang in there!
- SEVEN: Make Your Own Shabby Vintage Candles [here] – You know I love cheap & easy. And this one is both. Get those Dollar Tree candles snatched up, you’ll want more than one of these sparkly cuties!
(I think?) haha
- SIX: How To Make A Natural Reed Diffuser & DIY Scent [here] – This was my first foray into making a diffuser & scent all my own. Super fun!! Plus I like that you can use any scent, and any container. Custom is my jam!
- FIVE: Dollar Tree Budget Christmas Craft & Decorating Ideas [here] – Are you sensing a theme? I reallllly like cheap & easy when I get crafty. I don’t like to be frustrated or waste money on craft fails, so simple is best.
- FOUR: La Chaux French Lime Paint Makeover & Video Tutorial [here] – This is my paint-crush. The French Lime Paint is lush and does amazing things. The finish is c’est magnifique.
- THREE: I’m Going Grey & I Love It! [here] – Grey was hot in 2015 and I don’t see the trend cooling. I’m not usually a “trend follower” for that sake of it being on-trend… but if I like it, genuinely, I’ll embrace it. I was slow to jump on the grey train. but it’s a really great neutral and I’m loving it with our bright white walls, and dark flooring. You’ll find this exact shade in our downstairs bath [here] as well, though it looks considerably different.
- TWO: Did You Know You Can Wax Raw Wood? [here] – This was a post I never intended to write. I was just fiddling around, and trying to find the right color/shade/finish for some crown moulding we installed around the wee bump out on our fireplace. After a little Periscope session to discuss it, I tried waxing the trim and this is what happened.
As I was preparing to write this post and checking to see what posts fell where, I was happily surprised to see this one made the number one spot!! Thanks to you, this was the most viewed 2015 post for the entire year and came in at number ONE!
How To Make Over A Bathroom Without Remodeling [here] You’ve got to see the before on this one to appreciate the after! The space was in good repair and everything functioned properly, but it was hideous. We have a full gut remodel on the books, so I didn’t want to spend a lot to make it livable. Come see the changes and tell me what you think.
I’ve already got a few projects in the works for 2016, and so many things I plan on sharing with you. The renovation of the little cottage [here] for one. I think I am most excited about that!! It’s going to be a dream come true (that I didn’t even know I had) and I’m soooo anticipating the projects to come and your input. I’m sure I’ll be asking lots of opinions. You are such a talented, smart and experienced bunch of awesome readers & friends. I love that I can tap into your wisdom. So get ready for a project filled 2016 at Fox Hollow Cottage.
As soon as those pesky building permits come through that is… 😉
… and Thank You for subscribing to Fox Hollow Cottage and for opening those emails that contain my latest posts, projects, musings & a little bit of my heart. I enjoy your company immensely and I hope I have much to offer you in the New Year.
PS: In case you were curious which post at Fox Hollow Cottage was the most viewed, EVER… it’s this one:
and yes… it’s cheap & easy too!!