Hello and Happy Holidays!
I’d Like To Show You 10 Super-Simple
Ways to Decorate Your Holiday Home
Using Christmas Ornaments.
(These are great, “last-minute” decor ideas)
Using Christmas ornament is one of my favorite ways to decorate my home and I thought you might like it too.
1. Sprinkle a pinch of “faux” snow on an everyday plate and add a few ornaments. A variety adds interest.
You can use different colors of vintage, flocked, glittered and even mini ornaments.
2. Pour ornaments into a cut crystal bowl
for a bounty of Christmas joy!
sparkle, shine & holiday cheer
wherever you place them.
3. Platters are the perfect place to pile more pretty ornaments.
Silver, glass, vintage & thrift store platters are great decor essentials to have on hand. I’ve been lucky to find many at Goodwill, Salvation Army and Tag Sales. I’ve never paid over $10, even for my Reed & Barton.
4. Showcase ornaments under glass.
A cloche makes everything extra special!
4. (and a half) This cupcake stand was meant to showcase a single cupcake.
Hello? A lone cupcake would never last in my house 😉
Why not pop an ornament under the glass?
5. Who said you’ve got to hang ornaments from a traditional Christmas Tree? Sticks, twigs and branches are great to hang ornaments from, are often free, and usually fit most anywhere. No watering required.
6. Use large, statement ornaments
alone to showcase their beauty.
Find Christmas decorating ideas with urns HERE.
7. The “faux” snow is back! This time, softly falling on a tiered serving piece. Layer with ornaments, (and a few jingle bells) for a decor piece that is twice as nice.
8. Tie a few mini ornaments
(they are cheap for lots and they go far!)
to a vintage ball jar filled with candy canes and snow and you’ve got a festive little decor piece… or even a pretty gift!
9. Cluster a few mini ornaments together and tie them to some scrap fabric, add a few full size ornaments, and you’ve have a mini garland. Light enough to put up with double sided tape. How easy is that?
10. Large, open mouth vases are perfect to fill with ornaments! You don’t have to have expensive apothecary jars. I find these for under $10 at Ross year-round.
(I use them year-round too! Super handy)
Again.. the “faux” snow adds an instant Wintery feel! Pop in your ornaments (I added some minis too) and you’ve got a nice sized impact piece that will go anywhere in your home.
I know sometimes we are limited on time, decorating space or finances. Maybe all three. The great thing about ornaments is, they don’t take up much space, you can find them for very little money and they pack a real “Christmas” punch!
I hope you saw an idea or two for decorating your home with Christmas ornaments today that you liked!
I showed you EASY…
but if you want CHEAP, take a look at this
100 Dollar Tree Christmas Ideas HERE.
Bre @ Peacoats and Plaid says
Great ideas, I especially like the gingham mini garland. I see ornaments at thrift stores all the time, I better start collecting them for next year!
reFresh reStyle says
Shannon not only are these creative, but they are beautiful too! I hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas!
Eclectically Vintage says
What can’t you do with an ornament – love piling them everywhere! Wishing you a very merry Christmas!
It is all so lovely and pretty. Love all the pops of color with the different ornaments. Have a great Christmas.
Jann Olson says
Shannon, love all of your creative ideas. I too think ornaments give alot of pretty for little pennies! And of course I love the red and aqua combination! Have a very Merry Christmas!
Julie redheadcandecorate.com says
When I was sifting through…Rick says…I like that one. He was over my shoulder. #7 is his fav-lol, they are all beautiful…love your colors.
Love em all..and you are right, so many versatile inexpensive ways! Love this post Shannon:)
Shannon- Those are ALL really cute ideas. Love them all- xo Diana
Miss Kitty says
Shannon, thanks so much for posting these GREAT ideas. I am probably the only person I know still decorating my house so I still have time to put some of these to good use THIS year even!
Kim @ Savvy Southern Style says
Shannon, these are all so over the top pretty!