Today I’m sharing how to make a Jingle Bell Pine Cone Ornament.
I hope you are in a rustic, snowy-white kind of Christmas mood because this ornament is kind of natural looking and woodsy.
I kept it simple. But you could definitely add some glitter to this bad boy!
Glitter makes everything better in my opinion, and this will be getting the sparkle treatment for sure. In honor of the purists, I kept it natural for the tutorial though. Enjoy!!
YOU WILL NEED:
– Pine Cones
– White craft paint
– Craft brush
– Little metal eye hook thingies. Hey keeping it real. I think that is what they are called?
– Just, Hemp or Sisal twine
– JINGLE BELLS (they make me happy!)
This is such a nice, simple craft. It could actually be made by kids as well with a little adult supervision.
Totally family friendly.
There is just nothing you can do wrong on this one!
1. Start by painting your Pine Cone with white craft paint.
Just brush the paint along the edges for a light “dusted with snow” look.
2. Once paint is dry, screw the little hooks into the base of the pine cone.
Note-If you like, you can reverse steps one and two and screw the base into and already painted cone.
3. String your first cone as shown above with the twine doubled, using a slip knot.
4. Add the second cone about an inch up from the first. Secure with a traditional knot.
Then slip the JINGLE BELL on.
5. Add the third and final cone. Finish with knot.
6. Tie a twine bow and add an ornament hanger. You’re done.
I was inspired by the rustic, snowy Christmas decor we’ve got going in the sun room this year.
This is the perfect addition to the tree.
These would be really cute as embellishments too!
Nestle them in garland or even add it to a bottle of wine or a package for that homespun feel.
Wishing you and yours a wonderful, magical, merry holiday season.
Rustic Jingle Bell Pinecone Christmas Tree Ornament
More Ideas & Inspiration
(Visited 5,826 times, 77 visits today)